Great things are happening at POOPS and we are always looking for volunteers in each area, let us know if you want to be involved in POOPS!
Sometimes we have specific positions that need filling. Please see below for our current open positions.
- Community Events Coordinator: this person will be involved in organising our community awareness events to help spread the word of all the great work our volunteer family is doing across WA.
- POOPS Events Coordinator: This role will be to help us plan and execute fabulous POOPS volunteer and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Know the POOPS’ mission
- Keep your finger on the pulse of events that would fit with the POOPS’ mission
- Work with the marketing team to create a calendar of events
- Coordinate a team of vollies to represent POOPS at community events
- Liaise with external stakeholders to plan each event
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to organise support for each event and communicate the information out to the wider team
- Attend and execute events to ensure they go to plan
- Report back to the team on outcomes
SOCIAL MEDIA PERSON
- Know the POOPS’ mission
- Work with the marketing team, internal and external stakeholders to create social content
- Plan and coordinate content across our chosen social platforms that is timely, engaging and on brand
- Engage with and monitor our followers on all social platforms
- Monitor and analyse content performance
- Report back to the marketing sub-committee
- Update social media policy as needed
- Knowing POOPS’ mission, policies, programs and needs
- Receiving and checking all the volunteer documentation as part of their application process to make sure it is current and complies with our internal policies and procedures
- Advising the applicant of acceptance, need for further information and/or unsuitability for the role
- Sending welcome emails to the volunteers
- Maintaining accurate records in our volunteer database
- Producing a membership report for bi-monthly committee meetings
NORTH VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
We are currently seeking a personable and organised volunteer to take on the role of our North Volunteer Coordinator. As a team leader, your responsibilities for the organisation of the volunteers in your region include:
- Being a central contact for all volunteers and clients in your region
- Conducting inductions with new volunteers
- Liaising with prospective and current clients to understand services required
- Disseminating new job requests and important POOPs’ information to the central team
- Maintaining the group spirit
- Keeping territory records
- Liaising with the committee to communicate any news or needs in your region
The right fit for this role will be:
- personable and enthusiastic about the POOPs’ cause
- a strong communicator, and
- proficient with computers
While the time requirements can vary, this role generally requires less than 5 hours per week.
If you think that this is the role for you please reach out to our administrator, Lynne Kyle, on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!